Monday, May 5, 2008

Suburban Warfare


I've learned that the lawn is just one part of your home that earns bragging rights. My competitive nature drives me to have the best lawn on my street. The photo above is from May 2007 -- when I started to dream of a thick green carpet of grass.


This photo was taken this morning. A little TLC has earned me a spot in the top three. My neighbor even took note of my success and shouted out over the fence that separates our backyard, "lawn's looking good." Sure is, buddy. Sure is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed!!!! Especially since our yard as verified last night as the worst in a neighborhood. With neighbors who care.

So 1.) are you for hire and 2.) if not, what did you do?

Please tell me you didn't resort to the giant green and white toxic spray trucks. Only 'cause I'm too cheap to pay for toxic stuff to be sprayed on my yard.

Daniel Montgomery said...

Toxic indeed! Anything that helps your grass grow that well has got to be bad for the environment. Your effort to green up your lawn is potentially not very green. So, as Kim guesses, you're either using the ChemLawn program or PhotoShop program.

Anonymous said...

My lawn doesn't even look at good as your before photo. It's a good thing I don't care about my lawn.

Really.

I don't care at all.

Landon said...

Lawn looks awesome! It's begging for a BBQ and frisbee toss session.

Daniel Montgomery said...

Kim,

I've been known to do do a bit of contract labor. My Scott's brand rotary spreader is filled with fertilizer and grub killer from time to time. I get rid of thatch regularly, I aerate, and I water my lawn regularly. Those three things will do wonders for most lawns.

Justin

Daniel Montgomery said...

justin marshall is posting under daniel montgomery.

Landon said...

Did you die? I need another post!!