Monday, December 22, 2008

Red Wings


On Dec. 20, I took Amy to a Red Wings game. It was the first time I had ever been to a professional hockey game. The game was fantastic, high energy, and the Red Wings won! We were able to watch the game at ice level. My friend Jimmy works for the Wings and we worked it out ahead of time that we could be guests at ice level.
I've never followed the Wings like I follow the Pistons, but that is going to change. Hockey is very entertaining, fast-paced, and to get a penalty you really have to hit them with your stick, punch them in the face, or commit a random act of violence. In basketball, you accidentally bump an overpaid athlete and they call you for it. If you are going to be paid millions for playing a game then you should be willing to take a few hard hits from time to time.

1 comment:

Daniel Montgomery said...

That's pretty. And so is the Joe Louis Arena.